19th Annual Walk!
Alexandria Animal Hospital
2310 S Park Ave
Alexandria, IN 46001
Madison County Humane Society
2219 Crystal Street
Anderson, IN 46012
The Madison County Humane Society (MCHS) will be hosting their 19th annual dog Walk-A-Thon on Saturday, May 4, 2019, in honor of “Be Kind to Animals Week”. We need volunteer walkers to make this event a success, so please come enjoy the trails of Shadyside Park with your pet and bring a friend!
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Walk anytime between 8:00am & 12:00pm.
--- Rain or Shine ---
Walk an MCHS Dog
Interested in walking a shelter dog, fill out this form (Download Form) and email as an attachment to: email@example.com; include "Dog Walk" in Subject.
You can also Contact Us!
Shadyside Park Main Pavilion off Broadway (baseball diamonds/play ground). Take your choice of the North Lake Trail (1.1 mile), South Lake Trail (1.5 mile) or go around both lakes for a total of 2.65 miles.
Location by Google Maps.
Walkers can help raise money for the MCHS by getting people to sponsor them with donations (Forms Here) - any amount collected will be greatly appreciated. Walkers will turn in their money, sponsor sheet and signed waiver the day of the walk. If you have any questions, Contact Us.
- Walkers are responsible for the actions of their dogs.
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times and should not be unattended or tied up.
- Come prepared to clean up after your pet.
- All dogs must have proof of rabies inoculation (tag or written).
- No female dogs in any stage of heat will be allowed to participate.
No puppies under 6 months of age may participate.
- Water will be provided, but please bring your own dog bowl.
- An adult must accompany children 13 or younger.
What better way to honor your pet than to have a sign posted about him/her along the trail (adoption notice, memorial, or just because)? There is a $5.00 fee per sign, if interested contact Amy @ 610-7706 by April 20th
Walkers will receive a t-shirt. Please pre-register by April 1st
for correct size. The MCHS will have t-shirts and other items available for purchase.